View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
Alamojo

Drives: 2012 RS LT2 (Switchblade Silver)
Cool Paint Issue / Need Some Advice

I am the proud owner of my first Camaro...a 2012 RS 2LT... and lovin' it!

I need some advice... and I thought I'd run it by this Board first. When I purchased my car a couple of months ago... it was during a rainy period. The first opportunity I had to detail it myself was some days later. I noticed a 3 inch square or so blemish on my hood... subtle but not perfect the way I like to do things. I went to a local professional wholesale paint supplier to see if I could buy some compound or anything to help me polish the blemish out.... thinking I had picked something up on the road. The dude told be it was from the factory and under the clear coat. When I went to the dealership, they agreed and then weeks of stalling took place. I was offered to have it taken to a local body shop and have the hood repainted. An honest tech there told me it would never be as good as factory... and would actually diminish the value of the car. Back to the dealership I go... with the idea to have them switch out the hood for a new one. I waited to here from them... but more weeks of stalling. It's been a couple of months now... and they tell me they can't do the switch-out because of serial numbers, etc. So... back to my only choice from the dealership which is to have the hood repainted. I am about to go to an attorney... but would prefer not to have to take that route. Does anyone have a suggestion or solution for me? Thanks!

PS. My first add-on was the Roto-Fab CAI. Very cool! Now I want an exhaust with lots of low end and as much subtle sonic menace as my 6cyl will produce within good taste. Any advice on this as well is welcomed. I am a little overwhelmed by the plethora of opinions. Anyone care to distill?

Sorry this was so long... and may I take this opportunity to say this is very cool Board for info, humor, etc.
Alamojo is offline   Reply With Quote