View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 09:18 AM   #13
tonystark

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georger@kooks View Post
Guys I am not going to get into a pissing match with anyone on this forum over this stuff. I will just give you the information so you the Camaro enthusiasts can see the reason why we as manufactures get upset with these kinds of actions. We work very hard to provide to you the highest quality product we can produce at a competitive price. Again I am not trying to start anything thing with this post I am just trying to point out the obvious.

Here is our header we designed in house and released to the general public in May of 2009. After 4 different designs and over 100 Hrs in R&D

Now this is the header that was just brought to our attention this week. Now you yourself can be the judge if it was created as an original design as it is claimed to be.

Again this is not to start anything thing this to educate the cumminity.
Actually, the BFE does look to have slightly different bends. How many different ways can a header be made to fit a specific car? On a totally different note at least Kooks is acting like an adult about it!

Bottom line. I am in the medical profession and I will be willing to bet 99% of everyone on this forum (me included) has filled a medical prescription in the last few years for one reason or another. When you drive through the pharmacy window - the tech will ask: "is generic ok" 97% of the customers say "yes". So, large drug companies pay 100's of millions of dollars to own a chemical patent that will last about 10 years. Then its open to all companies to manufacture the same drug and sell it for 1/2 the price. "We" meaning 97% of us never complain about saving money on generic medication. Well, it goes further than that. We all shop for the best price on Insurance dont we? Or do we call our agent and say: "I want the most expensive brand name insurance on the market". NOPE! We want a specific coverage that protects us, our vehicles, our family and our homes. So, I think I've made a valid, educated point. I think that AM Headers and Kooks and any other manufacture in any industry needs to open their eyes and realize we all shop and we all care about what we spend and that to say you have to buy this or that or pay extra to get a good value is like a horse with blinders on and you can only see what you want to see and not what is really happening.
tonystark is offline   Reply With Quote