View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 08:11 AM   #9
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Drives: Sold the 6POINT2, went to a 50THZ06
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcguy View Post
i didnt really have to much to add to your thread topic ,except i have run 3 back to back runs and the times were close to each other,did not see an et drop,super hot weather i might.i asked your et and reaction ,60 ft for my own benefit as i am also a new racer and ran a11.34 at 126 .434 reaction(ya i know) with 1.9 60s,my car has not been dynoed so just seeing if i am in the ballpark
Looking at your sig, you are way ahead of me on mods
My best time is 11.9@115. Last weekend I was pretty consistent around 12.1 to 12.3 and around 113mph. Again, I am almost a mile up so that does take quite a bit away from me I think. DA was at 8,200. Looks like if you can cut the 60's down you could be in the 10's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I have a 5 gallon cell in the trunk the I dump ice in. In the cell there is an inlet and outlet. The returning warm intercooler water enters, melts the ice, then the ice water is pumped directly into the blower. It works like a champ for lowering iat's and reducing the amount of timing pulled. One of the things undiscovered is that when I leave the pump on, tank off, the ice water still circulates and cools the entire engine. You can watch the coolant temp drop from 200 to 125 in 10 minutes.

I only let the car idle for maybe 5 minutes. This allows the Trans fluid to circulate through the cooler and lower the temps. After about 5 minutes the temps will reach a point where they won't go any lower. Then the fans cool it the rest of the way.

Hot lapping could lead to excessive heat build up in the Trans and prematurely make it fail.
Wow.. That sounds like a great setup. I
Saw your car in Indy, it was a pleasure to checkout. I remember seeing you use fans to cool off the front but didn't see the ice. I assumed the box in the trunk was for race fuel.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any other helpful tidbits are always appreciated.