View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 06:24 PM   #24
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlecamaroboy View Post
Let me ask you something. As a 2005 Ford Mustang GT owner and a future 2010 Camaro SS owner. What did you do for 5 years, between 2004 and 2009 if you wanted a V8 engine in a pony car for an affordable price? For all the bashing I hear about the Mustang, I just laugh to myself because it's taken FIVE YEARS for a response. I was doing 0 to 60 in about 5.1 seconds, whipping my GT around corners, gunning that V8 engine, and blasting the 1000 watt stock sound system with subs when you were driving around in what? Now don't get me wrong, I will have the Camaro and I'm lucky enough to have both, and in many ways it is the next car that has genuinely gotten me excited since my Mustang, but without that retro Mustang coming out, you wouldn't have a new Camaro today. There were ZERO sports cars with 300 horsepower for $26K in 2005 other than the GT.

And lest you forget, the 300 horsepower V8 is in a GT with a curb weight of 3,483 pounds. While you might think the 422 horsepower in the Camaro SS is impressive, at a weight of 3,860, it's only equivalent to 380 horsepower on the Mustang. Which is an impressive gain, but not 422 because of weight.
I actually liked the new mustang. In 2006 prior to the news of the new camaro, I made my mind up topurchase a mustang at at about 2008 2009, I figured then my truck would be paid off and I needed a toy. Then I heard the news of the camaro and thats why I waiting , I would have driving the ford if the camaro didnt come out. Plus if I needed the v8 power, I have it under m hood now.