View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #29
GSUNCSU
Watch This!

Drives: Super Charged 1SS/RS, M6, CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessika@SCC View Post
There is an insane amount of R& D that goes into producing something like a supercharger.
I know that the eaton rotors in the TVS are not cheap... Then factor in the labor hours to machine the pieces & assemble them. I think SLP has it right by offering their new supercharger system at 6750...

The reason the mustang supercharger is cheaper is because it is a front drive. Compare apples to apples and it will work out to be right about the same.
The Knucklehead is right (she knows that's a compliment), I'm a Mfg. Engineer and have been in the Eaton plant that manufactures the rotors, a ton of R&D and specialty equipment (CNC machining centers, programing,etc.), exotic coatings, etc. A very precise piece of equipment, equals expense, I would be willing to bet, that the profit margins of a SC are on par or less than most automotive equipment, of even less complexity.
K&N CAI, Wet Okole Seat Covers, MagnaFlow Street Perf. Ex. (Axle Back), MPD Hood, Gary's Customz ZL1 Fascia/Vented Fenders/Custom Stripes/Paint, AAC Afterburners/Fog Light Halos/Side Markers/Misc LEDs, Bee-Otch Air Freshener, Hurst Shifter and Line-Loc(APEX), RPI Splash Guards, MagnaCharger (Texas-Speed)(Installed by ME), Rx Catch Can and Breather, Billet Pulleys (SC2150), ARH Headers, LPE Twin Fuel Pump, Custom Blower Cam, Custom Tune TBArwhp, TBArwtorq, Boost Gauge and Single Pod (MTI)
GSUNCSU is offline   Reply With Quote