View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #102
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcd View Post
I bought one of these from CFD:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ifter+tapshift

It's the best mod for the money you can make to the L99. Check out the thread, and send George a PM if you're interested.
I have seen those shifters and they are nice, but I would rather be able to shift the gears physically by click off every gear like an ratchet shifter.

Maybe a better angle with GM is this, they advertise this technology and claim it is not noticable by the driver. Its a great idea but if it annoys drivers and is completely noticable then it is truely complete crap for a so called performance/Muscle car.

Maybe if every L99 owner was to open a customer service ticket on the same day they would notice. But it would take alot of people to get the right attention. Personally mine is turned off and my motor I converted to LS3, so its not much of a problem for me. I had to spend alot of money to get rid of it and I would have been just as well to pay the gas guzzler tax to start with. The tax I think was only $1400, that is not that much to pay when you are already spending close to $40,000 to get a car that does not annoy you.
MudderFinger is offline   Reply With Quote