View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 01:18 PM   #3
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrider01 View Post
I'm all for this, but since I use the controller (not wheel) I would like to request being able to forgo the clutch requirement.
Ill allow it since you just asked, but I'll let all you controller people in on a trick...

I myself use a controller, instead of using ONE finger for clutching and braking, use two. Place your index finger on the clutch button (left bumper) and place your middle finger on the brake (left trigger). After some practice you will be able to downshift thru turns and use the brake. You can also use the brake and have the clutch in, which works well with doing a burnout or just spinning the tires. It works really well after you get used to it.

I still use a controller mainly because when I do buy a steering wheel, it ain't gonna be cheap. I want one with a clutch, paddle shifter, force feedback wheel and pedals, and adjustable 900 degree turning radius.

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote