View Single Post
Old 09-16-2009, 02:24 PM   #1
outlawz

Drives: 1995 Camaro Z28 Drag car
WHAT THE HELL IS IN OUR PAINT!?!?!?!

Okay last night after doing a once over on the car in the garage (car has about 250 miles on it) i'm looking over the paint under my garage lighting and I notice something on the passengers side rear quarter panel on the part where it flattens out under the 3/4 small window. It looked almost like a scratch at first but looking at it and running my finger over it it is actually UNDERNEATH the clearcoat. Car is a CGM 2SS and scanning the entire car I thought thoroughly at first never noticed it. Funny thing is is that at certain angles it disappears. It looks like it's a darker than the CGM liquid under the clear that dried and got clearcoat sprayed over it?!?!?! My wife took some pictures with her phone showing a few angles of it and another picture where you can see how it disappears into the paint and certain angles. But it is CLEARLY there when you look straight down at it through the clearcoat... we plan on taking the car to the dealership and having their bodyshop manager take a look at it. I told the wife being under the clearcoat is the best thing that could have happened since otherwise they could try to blame us for it.... under the clear shows it obviously happened during production..
Attached Images