View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 06:50 PM   #98
Cmicasa the Great XvX
Account Suspended

Drives: 07Taho, 11CamaroRS, 12CTSV Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
This is awesome! However, folks there may be a few problems with your solutions. A gearing change would likely result in lower fuel economy all around. If it drops too low you will have to pay a GG tax. You have to pay to play.

My guess is a revised intake, tune and exhaust system.

Also, one thing about that C&D test? They tested another Mustang with the summer tires (not the "all season" tires) and it ran a 13.0 flat at 111. Basically they picked the slower time of the two. The Mustang simply has an advantage in most cases, lighter with just as much power to the wheels.

But in both the C&D and the R&T articles they used a Camaro with the EXACT same summer tires as the Mustang.. Not only that the Camaro was rolling on 20's, had a 300lb disadvantage, and was built by a company that took Taxpayer money. Yet it beat the Mustang in the 0-100, 0-130, the 1/4, and equaled it in the coveted but pointless 0-60 race.

For the LIFE OF ME... after driving the new GT.. I can not see why the media raves about the Mustang. It handles SLIGHTLY better, but that has a lot to do with the weight and smaller wheels
Cmicasa the Great XvX is offline   Reply With Quote