Thread: She's Finished
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #23
Nailn it

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Ashen Gray / Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
Awesome...OK, now tell us...promise? 704 RWP as stated....go out and stand on it...legally of course, and give us some feedback. A statement of my car has < this or that> means nothing to real world owners unless you pilot the car and mark some times. Dyno's are great....but the car may be a dog if you don't prove the "sheet" in operation. Just sayin .....numbers on a scale are just numbers, hec some of the best tuned rides I had were in the shop until I took them for a ride...if if's were ands and pot's were pans, a monkey would be nothin' but a wrench....<old saying>
You are right! What a engine can do on a Dyno doesn't necessarily translate to what it can do on the street in the real world, but let me tell you a story. Just today I went by the dealership I bought the car from and showed them the car, one of the sales team leaders wanted to go for a ride. He came back white knuckled and said that that was by far the fastest car he's ever been in. He of course has been in ZR1s. Not saying a modded ZR1 wouldn't be faster. Anyway, we went through a turn sideways, and let me tell you this is the most solid well planted vehicle I have ever drove or been in, it's unbelievable. The car will spin the tires in 2 nd gear at will, at any RPM range, with a little pressure from the right foot. This car would without a doubt need slicks to hook up. The tires spin through third. All the while the engine never really screams or pushes. Just growls. When those flaps open windows vibrate, no exaggeration. The only thing that I could compare it to would be a street legal NASCAR. No kidding! It's going to be a while before I take it to the strip my ankle is still in a cast. But I am still driving, just can't help it.
Nailn it is offline   Reply With Quote