View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #50
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by urr2slo View Post
My wifes '12 vert made 521 rwhp at 180 miles with just a Maggie, cheap CAI and a custom tune. Once it was broken in and she got use to the power I added long tubes, 3.4 pulley and a ZL1 fuel pump, re-tuned it and it made 591 rwhp in 105 degrees and 91 octane. And the tune is conservative, I will be replacing the CAI with a good quality unit in Dec. and will fine tune it somemore in better weather. It will easily make over 600 rwhp.

$6000.00 Maggie
$1100.00 L/T's
$250.00 ZL1 pump
$60.00 pulley

$7410.00 total and more reliable and drivable.

I've got 4 vehicles with Maggies, 10 & 12 Camaro SS's, 07' Escalade, and '01 Silverado with a combined 262k on them and not a single issue. I have installed over 25 5th Gen Camaro Kits and over 100 Maggies in the last 12 years and none of my installs and tunes have ever had an issue. Magnuson doesn't do a lot of warranty repairs since they don't tend to fail. So I call B.S. on your last paragraph. I am heavily entrenched in the Camaro community here in AZ, and your a recent transplant, I know most of the locals running Maggies, and I get calls from most when they have boosted issues since I also seem to have one of the highest mile C5 Maggie equipped cars.

And I feel this thread has been since you got on it, the Op probably said screw this, and I dont blame him.

Shouldn't you be hanging out on a mustang or vette forum?
Talk to Nic D, his is getting pulled off his G8 to get sent back. My friend Lyle with an SLP585 also is having his pulled and sent back for warranty repair.

Car enthusiast should be able to post where ever they want. This is why the local camaro club is so bad, they are a bunch of elitest stuck up people that drive off the real car enthusiast.

More reliable and more driveable? Says who? Your making stuff up at that point. For $7500 you can have a TT kit that would destroy that maggie car in any speed competition and have plenty of room to grow, more torque, and drives just like stock. Kevin's car made 680rwhp through an auto with no other mods on 91 octane in 110+ heat. I've driven plenty of maggie cars, tuned them. I've also driven a TT car and to say it drives better is the understatement of the year.