Thread: Deal on E-bay
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 12:43 PM   #22
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i wouldn't trust this guy any farther than i could throw him. i tried to buy a car on eBay about 5 yrs ago. turned out it was the second time it had been listed. the first buyer (we contacted him to find out what was up) flew all the way out to see it & it didn't even run. not knocking eBay (i've had good business on there), just that guy & this one
Just to defend car sales on ebay, I do it as one of my side businesses. Its not easy sometimes, no one reads the ads, other sellers under price their cars or over price them and it screws up your auction. I'm almost at the point where I don't want to bother doing it anymore. I market my cars as full disclosure, I tell you everything wrong with the car down to the last scratch. And yet sometimes I still get people who will not show up to get the car, or show up and pass on it, with NOTHING wrong at all. Now I require $500 non refundable deposits within 48 hours of the auction end. It seems to work. I mean really if you are gonna spend that kinda cash, either check the car out or take the gamble and eat it if you lose.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote