View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob2the2nd View Post
I have a couple of questions that hopefully can be cleared up. I ask my dealer (who is on here) one of these and I have received conflicting information from him and other people on the board.

The first question: the V6 each dealer is getting, is this a production vehicle that can be sold and are these the vehicles that are getting produced starting March 16th? We know the plant is producing Camaro's even now, is it possible the vehicles the dealers are getting will be these test fleet vehicles and the allocation vehicles for order start in march?

Second question: There has been some information that each dealer will be getting two V6's allocations at the very beginning, one that they have no choice over for the show room and one to order. However at the same time others have said they just get the show room vehicle (V6) then general allocation opens and a dealer can order whatever they want. Which of these is the correct scenario, do we even know?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Question 1 - yes, it CAN be sold....but a dealer MAY want to hang on to it to show customers what the car is all about.

2 - these are two additional allocations, a little later on...Sorry, I'm actually at home and I don't have word for word notes with me at the moment...but I do recall these can be for customer orders. Keep in mind the goal (at least for us) is to get people who want a Camaro as soon as they can.

These 2 back to back posts from a different thread is all I could find at the moment. IMO, CamaroScotty has been a pretty solid source and goes the extra mile to investigate and understand all that is going on with the Camaro so I would go with this. Hope this helps.
Edrock is offline   Reply With Quote