View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 09:03 AM   #24
21STCENTURY

Drives: Z28/700HP, CTSV/850HP, Viper/725HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
That's almost the exact cam I used to make 672 in my vette. It took a 2.9" pulley though. Made the power on 8 to 8.5psi. I wonder if the muffs or cats are more restrictive on that Camaro. My Vette has no cats and dual mode NPP mufflers. With the flaps closed, I can see over 9.5 psi, but the power goes way down when boost and exhaust back pressure go up. I wish someone would step up and make a dual mode muffler for the Camaro.

I appreciate your willingness to discuss your cam specs. Most shops won't do that. I won't do business with those that say, "Trust me, you won't have any idea what the cam is, but you'll like it!" I'll probably do the TVS install myself, but I'll give you a shout on the parts for cam,valve train, and exhaust upgrades.
I would say the exhaust is more restrective on the Camaro, a dual mode exhaust would be the ticket, I bet someone has one in the works.

We are really ramping up our Camaro offerings and almost have as many Camaros in the shop as Vettes, including 4 presently getting Magnachargers.

Let me know if I can help you with anything, I would sincerely appreciate your business.

Best Regards,
John Page
21STCENTURY is offline   Reply With Quote