View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #29
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Air bag deployment is very unusual on a road course. Very unusual. I know of only one instance and the data from the black box showed an extremely high G load indicative of a pending roll over. IMO, the G sensor glitched. My cars have 1,000s of test miles under extreme loads with no deployments on road courses.

The L/28 bags deployed on an autocross with a driveshaft failure. The shaft failure was incredibly violent with the resultant pounding tripping bag deployment.

If you watch the two videos of 5th Gen bag deployment, you'll see they occur under very aggressive tight maneuvers. IMO the computer was reading data that indicated a potential roll over. I don't consider these deployments accidental.

$3,000 is nothing in relation to a build like Bulls. A brush with a barrier, blown motor, tranny failure, and more easily equal or exceed a bag deployment repair. $3,000 is nothing compared to the injuries you may incur in a roll over or barrier road course incident. Three drivers died on track this week. Running road courses is a dangerous motorsport activity and sometimes expensive.

Bull,

I met a speaker years ago named Charlie Plumb. He spoke about the people that packed his physical parachute as well as his character, moral and spiritual parachutes. Many people had prepared him when he ejected from his jet over Viet Nam. In prison camp he met more parachute packers that helped him survive. Excuse me while I pack a small piece of your parachute. Please put your fuse back in.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote