View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
Robert clay bar the entire car first. When you are done with that wash the car with Dawn dishwashing soap as it will remove any wax remaining on the areas for the film application. Once you have done that you will be ready to apply the film. There is no need to remove swirls since the adhesive of the film will cover those and they will not be visible. You shouldnt have too many since its a new car in the first place.

I installed ClearMask for 6 years and have recently gone away from it. I have found it is the same film as VentureShield Ultra. The onwer of Clearmask is just rebranding it as ClearMask AR. VentureShield is a much larger company (now owned by 3M but still making its own films) so I would feel much more comfortable with them standing behind the warranty. If you are interested in getting a kit let me know. I may be able to get it for a better price since I am an installer/dealer. Feel free to PM me if you are interested in Venture. Also good luck with the install.I really do not recommend anyone doing their own since you can ruin a lot of film very quickly... but it sounds like you are set on it already. I also do not recommend 3M due to the orange peel 3M has and it is much more difficult to install. Let me know if you have any more questions and good luck.
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote