Thread: Possible Z/28?
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
ctaylorzl1

Drives: 1992 Camaro RS
Possible Z/28?

Hello everyone, my name is Christopher. Long time reader, first time poster.

To make a long story short, I was driving down 16th street in Indianapolis(right in front of Indianapolis Motor Speedway) in my semi when in the distance I saw a rollback truck with what looks like to be a victory Red Camaro on the back. Well I get to the stoplight at 16th and Crawfordsville rd. and it was! And it had "Official Indianapolis 500" car stickers on the doors and hood. The I noticed a ram air hood, and "custom" style wheels, but the looked factory(and really good by the way). And the front facia was similar to the standard SS one but without mail slot. And then as I passed their were a few small differences to the rear also, taillights and such. I tried to get a pic with my Camera on my phone but I was trying to pilot 75 feet worth of semi without killing someone, so needless to say I only got a blurry pic of myself in my side mirror. Has anyone else heard of or seen this car. I did see it turned into the track. So what I am speculating is that maybe its a preproduction Z/28 that is goona be the pace-car for the race. I could be totally off base tho. The hood looked identical to the Z/28 rendering photos, but the fog lightes and such looked more like the regular SS. Either way there's my story

BTW, I am new here but read this forum daily! I used to post a lot on one of the "other" GM forums but don't care for it anymore. I am a farmer in central Indiana and I have owner a few Camaro's, a few Firebird's, and one 1966 Mustang. As well as various other cars and trucks. I am a die-hard GM fanatic, and Camaro Fanatic.
ctaylorzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote