View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #7
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatisl View Post
Two things: F/I cam and 3.91 gears. Contemplating another cam since I'm likely to stay N/A for awhile. But 460-470 "corrected" rwhp off a Dynojet is about right for stock geared cam/exhaust LS3. I suppose if I did a LG G6X3 cam I'd be at the 500 level, but I'm not sure if I could live with it since I DD the car. I'm kinda searching for a more valvetrain friendly, but longer duration cam.
You seem to know what you're looking for. While I'm staying N/A, these guys seemed to pick the perfect cam for my needs & they didn't pull any fast moves to try to steer me in a different direction. In fact, the cam they spec'd for me isn't even popular in the Camaro community (yet), but popular w/ the corvette guys & perfect for me. All I can say is do your research (which you're obviously doing) & ask around for several opinions. I highly recommend Lashway, but I have nothing against the other shops that sponsor this group either. It all comes down to who you feel most comfortable with (conveniance helps too, but that is a secondary factor at best, of course).
Mods: Forged 416 LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 SC (~11 psi), custom cam (232/247, .630/.630, 118 LSA), 90-lb. injectors, ZL1 fuel pump & ADM controller, Alky Control meth kit, Monster LT1-SC twin-disk clutch, ZL1 drivetrain conversion w/ DSS 1000-HP axles & 1-pc. driveshaft, CAI Inc. intake w/ ADM scoop, XS Power full exhaust (1 7/8" LT headers with 3" off-road pipes), VMAX CNC-ported TB, LSR adjustable sway bars, LPE rear end-links, BMR 1" drop, BMR polyurethane bushings; UMI trailing arms & toe rods. Built & tuned by Kraftworks. 755 rwhp/708 rwtq