View Single Post
Old 07-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #30
bond2

Drives: '16 2SS M6,'96 WS6 M6
I was cross shopping the G8 GT and the Camaro V6. Problem I had was I really wanted a 6 speed, but I didn't want to drop all that money on the GXP, which has pretty poor fuel economy too. I like a car loaded with all the goodies and the Camaro 2SS/RS was getting close to $40k like the GXP. If there was a 6 speed G8 GT, I probably would have gotten that, as its a little more spacious and more powerful than the V6 in the Camaro. That said, when I saw the Camaro for the first time in the dealership, I decided at that point I had to have one. The look of both the exterior and interior was just too cool to pass up. I have about 900 miles on my Camaro, so I've started to punch on it a little bit. The first gear is really short, so the car has alot of jump outta the gate. It feels fast as long as you hold each gear past 4K RPM before shifting. I miss two things though when driving the Camaro, the lack of V8 torque and the exhaust note is a little whiny, but I am getting a new Corsa exhaust here soon to hopefully remedy that part.
'99 30th anniv TA vert #988- M6

bond2 is offline   Reply With Quote