View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 08:03 AM   #39
ClawSS
High-tech Redneck

Drives: '10 CGM SS, '02 2500HD, '09 300SRT8
Sorry, OP, but is this a car show or a meet? Attending a car SHOW does not require the car or the work involved. Competing does mean you should make an effort to try to win. "New" stock cars have difficulty competing against classics, so that is why there are/should be classes suited for your ride.

From my years of involvement the 94-96 Impala SS national level show community, I can see where the guys talking about good times and get togethers come from, but decide if you are competing or not. Clean it up, under hood and all. Take the time to wipe it down when you get there, clean the wheel wells, glass, dash seats, etc. as good as you have ever done in the past....park it with no shame and go have fun.

If you are only at the venue to look or discuss or to "party", then why worry about it. Park in a safe spot and allow room for the competitors. Sometimes space is limited. You are still there, still having fun, but no pressure.

Competing in a car show with a dirty car is like showing up to a black tie event in shorts and a tee shirt. It is not expected nor respected by those that do take the time to participate. An exceptionally clean and cared for camaro is just that regardless of the engine on display. You might be the only one there and draw more attention than you expect. I advise to make sure you are not ashamed of dirty hoses, fingerprints, dead bugs, or brake dust.

Also, real SHOWS are not at all about horsepower. They may be about bling based on judges, but not about horsepower. Plastic can never shine like chrome, but dirt is unacceptable.

2010 CGM L99 2SS/RS - GPI SS3 VVT, BTR DoD Delete, Circle D 4c, BTR springs, Katech C5R Timing Chain, MRR-228 315/275, CAI, Elite catch-can, TSP 1 7/8" Headers + offroad pipes, Magnaflow 3", Pfadt springs, BMR LCAs, toelinks, trailing arms, cradle bushings, & sway bars w/ endlinks, Vitesse paddles, heritage grille, and an eBay splitter. Power upgrades by Race Proven Perf.; Tuning by ShorTuning.
ClawSS is offline   Reply With Quote