View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 01:10 PM   #75
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Hi guys, glad you got it figured out. There are instructions included to explain the rivnut installation. Very basic stuff. We specifically include the install tool, instruction card, and sample rivnut to show the orientation for customers. It is imperative to install the rivnut in the orientation that it is shipped together in. If that was not included, we would get tons of customers botching the installation, because they were not orienting the install tool correctly. So that is why it is included in the install.

Glad to see you found the correct wrench!

Thanks for replying. Still, if I can offer a suggestion, if you want to show the correct rivnut orientation, just use one of the 4 gold rivnuts on the tool instead of an aluminum rivnut that isn't supposed to be used on the install. The extra rivnut, without any explanation in the instructions, is confusing.

I plan on installing mine next week. I'll report back how it goes.

Edit to add: I know it may seem that I'm being picky about small details but I'm an optical systems engineer, and I have to write specs for the installers, for every job I do. The installer has to be able to pick up my spec and do the install without having to guess about anything, or have any doubt about which part goes where, and all without any knowledge of optical systems. (Hardware store clerk mistake aside), since I couldn't do that with your spec, it was a bit frustrating.

Last edited by Berean; 06-15-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote