View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #1
DJ ATOMIX
<< CRAZY BEE >>

Drives: 400HP 2LT/RS
Camaro Blackout Decal Option Thread:

http://www.autotrimdesign.net/detail...kout_Kit.html#

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-...091210009r8656

I know there was already a thread before this thread with talk about the black out stripe option on the aftermarket. I just wanna keep the discussion open along with some answers from the dealerships.

Ok, first off, I was dissapointed that Chevrolet did'nt include this as a factory option with the Camaro. So.. we had to rely on others to get it done and get it done right. As it stands, there are two popular aftermarket kits out there, Rider Graphix and Auto Trim Designs, both with well looking products. Auto Trim Designs actually offers you pretty much any colour you could imagine when it comes to picking your dream decals.

However, tonight I decided to order and fire off some questions to my Chevrolet dealer asking if this decal can be installed along side the stripes when the car arrives (makes sense right ).

Will they do it? Some people think they will, others dont. I have my fingers crossed because I know I'm not any good at applying window tint and if applying decals is just like doing tint, I dont stand a chance. When the decals come in, I will need someone to do the job.

The kits say easy and can be removed easily. Does anyone have any experience doing there own decals?

FYI, for those of you who dont know, you have three options when installing this black out design. The top piece which surrounds the Chevy logo by itself like in the picture below, the piece that wraps around the lights or both of them together which is what I will be attempting to accomplish
Attached Images

CRAZY BEE - IOM 2LT/RS (more)
Cosmetic Mods - 24 | Performance Mods - 14
ROTO-FAB CAI - DT HEADERS - CUSTOM 3-INCH PIPE EXHAUST - RES DEL - R-CATS DEL - MAGNAFLOW RES X-PIPE - 91 OCTANE TUNE - FULL ADM KIT - PORTED IM - PORTED TB - PORTED CH - BLACK 3/8 ISOLATOR - TRIFECTA TUNED

Last edited by DJ ATOMIX; 05-11-2009 at 07:51 PM. Reason: added another photo
DJ ATOMIX is offline   Reply With Quote