View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #5
FTI-EDC
The stick man

Drives: 2004 GTO - C5 'vert - SRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Those are good discussions for sure. Call me the pessimist, but I prefer actual testing vs. theory. I work in a laboratory, and see calculations (admittedly - most I know understand, lol) and there constantly different results based off of what was expected and calculated. Sure, I can calculate what a pipe should flow and all that stuff, however, there are so many variables that I've seen affect actual results.

My point is, is though I think this too is a great article, there are no tests in it; just calculations. Yes - I've seen the author in that article in many publications and many of his associations; I'm not questioning him one bit. He'll forgot more than I will ever know. I want dyno' testing. I want data where all variables eliminated and hard numbers to support these calculations. Too many times, I've read other articles and seem other information where results were not the same as what this article states. Maybe in a perfect world, under perfect circumstances, but that's not real-world. How many times has anyone seen a dyno' graph when shorties out-performed long tubes? I haven't seen any - but I'll admit I certainly haven't seen all of them. Why don't NASCAR and other motorsports use shorties instead of LTs? They spend thousands of dollars optimizing size, length, bends, collectors, etc. Cost is no object, yet they still run LTs; what does that say?

I'm not arguing one bit I'm no expert. I just want data I can put my foot on, ya' know?
Most NASCAR headers are TriY.. How's that for a curve ball?

PONY WARS

FTI-EDC is offline   Reply With Quote