View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #1
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
I pulled the trigger on my home built NAV Radio this weekend:

I finally got rid of that horrible Mylink Navigation unit that came with my 2SS/RS. This weekend I put the replacement in, an I7 Mobile based CarPC. First I removed the Mylink screen and nav radio. That radio even has a CD slot, although there was no way to use it.

I had to cut some plastic away so all my electronics and the 8" screen would fit:

Next I made a video cable to tap into the oem backup camera, after getting and info and pin numbers from 2SSRS@Gen5diy, StealthZL1, and Robdollar77:

I was able to use a 90 degree Dupont Pin Header, as the pin spacing was perfect at 2.54mm, and I ty-wrapped it onto the connector so the cable would not come unplugged:

I built up a CarPC using mostly high temperature industrial components. An industrial socket G2 motherboard, Mobile I7 35W processor, 85C rated low profile DDR3, and I used a Hifidiy Saber USB DAC to output an extremely transparent audio signal. The power supply is a 160W intellegent DC-DC converter that uses a combination of ignition switch position, and timers to start and stop the PC, so I don't ever have to power down the PC. I just drive, and it runs automatically, and powers down automatically when I pull out the key:

I routed cables with airflow in mind: