View Single Post
Old 10-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #4
Master1545
off to never never land!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jolusk View Post
How would the dealership know if you did your own oil change or if you took it to the local Jiffy Lube, etc. and had them do it? And really if you are worried about messing up an oil change then don't even open the hood unless it is at the dealer. No offense to anyone but if you are not comfortable and are not 100% sure what you are doing don't take a chance. Ask someone that knows or take it somewhere. An oil change is easy and all the information on oil weights/volumes are in the manual and all over the forum. For me personally most of the time it is just more convienient to let someone else deal with the mess and recylcling of the oil because they have the facilities to deal with it.
I know how to do an oil change. I just did not want my dealership to come back to me saying that they can't fix my car if something does change due to me performing my own maintenance on it. I did not get the maintenance package when purchasing my car because I figure I can do my own and it will be cheaper than having them do it. I'll have to ask my dealer how much it would cost and compare.
Master1545 is offline   Reply With Quote