Thread: P0430 CEL
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
Toms2010

Drives: 2010 2LT
Back on this. Got the CEL again yesterday. Was running the vararam breather previously but since the CEL came on, decided to go ahead and install the RX breather to see if the unmetered breather was messing up anything. That was not the case. I only noticed my gas mileage went back down. Think it was from where I got the gas though. Will have to fill up at my trusted station this weekend and see what the gas mileage does.

A friend of mine said a CAI could cause the O2 to burn out, but could not really explain how it could happen.

Now I am wondering if I caused one to burn out by seafoaming the intake.

Anyway, will keep checking different things, including seeing if the cats have changed color from high temps to make sure they are not plugged soon as I can get it off the ground. Do not think it is the cats being completely bad as there is no rotten egg smell.

If nothing else, will call the dealer and set up an appointment.

If anyone has any ideas, I would love hearing them.
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights
Toms2010 is offline   Reply With Quote