View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #88
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
What about the original copos? Nothing holding that power back. Or my friends 1970 Chevelle SS with a 502? The thing is though is that the stupid people would turn them off anyway.
Why do they turn them off? To drive recklessly. That's the ony reason to.

As far as the old COPOs, NOBODY had most of our safety systems back then. It was a different deal. Back then it was a matter of comfort. Air conditioning, padding, appearance etc.............

Today it's a safety thing. Hell, they didn't even have shoulder straps on the seatbelts.

To me I can take my car and put it on the track and thrash on it. I have the power to have more fun, and I can still get on the street and drive sensibly and be safe should the power catch me off gaurd.

Thing is, there are times when my gas peddal can EASILY get me in trouble with the rear wheels. Especially in the rain. But it doesn't take a wet condition for the rear of my car to want to come around even when I don't expect it to. I have the safety net of my equipment.

A COPO won't have ANY of that.

Sure, I suppose you might be just fine driving it on the street, for a while if you want. I don't see why anyone would want to though.