View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 11:30 PM   #7
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
With today's pricing announcement for the ZL1...$54095 + Options + Frgt + Gas Tax...there would seem to be a large area of fiscal "no man's land" between the SS family and the ZL1. Like the $40s...

So, boyZ and girlZ, can there be a "proper business case" made for either, or BOTH, of the following:

1SS + 1LE mechanical components = low-low $40s

1SS + ZL1 mechanical components + LS7 = Z/28 = upper $40s

2SS content as an option

Coolers and 1LS trim as a "track-ready" option

Feedback please.
I like this idea...the ZL1 is pretty much...everything. You get no options in the mechanical department other than an auto, and of the cosmetics...we're taking things like wheels, stripes, and a clearcoat over the CF insert or not.

Not complaining...I did order it, after all. Very happy.

But I like where you're going.

Pull off the coolers, de-feature the interior back to a 1SS level, and give it the 1LE exterior treatment...you could be looking at high 40s, pretty easily I think...

The equipment group is worth at least $4000, I think, the LS7 is about $500 less expensive retail......and the coolers a little over $1000, maybe?

But......Would it make more sense to turn this proposal into a "Z28 package"? Because you're talking about offering 2SS content, as well as optional powertrain items...that could get complicated, and expensive to do.

OR - What about this:

Z28 Model:

1LZ trim: 1LE concept As-Is = low-mid $40s

2LZ trim: ZL1 minus interior content, LS7 swap, 1LE-body swap, High 40s

They could work to avoid the GG tax on the 2LZ trim level...and that would put the difference between it and the least-expensive ZL1 you could get arond $5000...That's a bigger difference than the Boss Laguna Seca and GT500 (actually, those two are almost identical in price...)...

EDIT:

OR....

Let the 1LE be an appearance package (GFX, hood, wheels, brakes) for the SS...

And do the Z28 as described in 2LZ, above. Pricing, and simplicity would seem to support this tactic...no?