View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 08:04 AM   #3
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
The only problem I have with your arguement is that you have no evidence to show it is logistically feasible. GM could want to put this car out just as bad as we want them to put it out this year; however, if it is just not feasible, then there is really little they can do.

Although I am nit buying your argument that the car will be out in 2007, I will agree with you that GM will loose a lot of sales the longer they hold out. I agree with you that this whole "retro" thing is likely just a fad and the enthusiasium will likely die out in the very near future. Also, I also believe your point about all of the hype GM has built up for this car dying down if they don't get it out to be true. You can only sustain this kind of excitment for so long before people start turning to other alternatives.

Do I think GM would have a lot to gain by getting this car out in 2007 - definitely; do i think it will happen - definitely not.

Also, I wouldn't use information from dealers when trying to build an argument around here. It is a sure fire way to get flamed. Dealer information is about as reliable as an old rusty bucket. Also, the fact that some dealers are taking deposits also means nothing as dealers are on average very greedy andmore than willing to take anyone money.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote