View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
KD Innovations

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 2009 CTS-V
KDi 714 RWHP ZL1 is headed to the strip

Weather permitting we will be prepping to run the car either this week or next.

Here are the build details from earlier this month:

Stage II is complete and I had some time to dyno the car today. The numbers are SAE corrected with a smoothing of 5 on a Dynojet 224 LXc.
The mods consist of the following items:

New Era intake
KDi ported supercharger
KDi ported LSA heads with LS3 intake valves and stock exhaust valves
Dual valve springs
Hardened push rods
ARP head studs
KDi TS29 cam
Upper and lower pulleys
ID850 Injectors
American Racing headers with cats
KDi Heat Exchanger
NW102 Throttle Body
Tuning

Here is the first dialed in pump gas run vs the stock dyno:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2186x1700 and weights 404KB.

I added a couple of gallons of good gas to keep things safe and break 700 RWHP. Here is the result vs stock:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2186x1700 and weights 405KB.

The car only made 13.2-13.5 lbs of boost on the dyno each run so I was able to get a lot of timing in there on pump gas. Even though it's incredibly hot and muggy here, the car cooled down very quickly. I could start pulls at 100* IAT2s' and would finish at 122*. It would not take long for the car to be cooled down enough to make another run so the HX is working awesome. I wish there was enough space in the CTS-V to get one this big in there!

AFR was kept very safe at about 11.25:1 through the pull but leaning to 11:55 just before red line.

With cooler fall weather coming for some good racing, we are looking at over a few more small tuning changes to make 740 RWHP and 900 flywheel, using the stock 1.9L blower.

Here is a video of one of the pulls:

Thanks,
Keith
KD Innovations is offline   Reply With Quote