View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #57
jmelchio
SSmokinJoe

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS/RS M6
Installation took me about 20 minutes, and I did not have to take the wheels off. I couldn't get my socket between the rear-tire and the screws, so I had to use a right-angle screw driver. The rear mounting scheme seems a little weak, since there is about 1 1/2 inches of space between the Stealth guard and the screw hole in the car, but RPI provides a sleeve that fits over the screw and makes it a little sturdier. The sleeve and the L-bracket (stick-on adhesive) make it feel reasonably sturdy, but time will tell.

I haven't had time to wash my car, so it's hard to tell how much cleaner that area will stay, but the insides of the Stealth guards are already filthy, so they are definitely keeping alot of crap from flying onto the car.

In my opinion, the cost and design are worth the risk. It will take some time to determine if they will hold up for the long run, but so far, it's definitely worth it. They don't detract from the looks of the car, and they are definitely blocking alot of junk from kicking back onto the car.
SLP Loudmouth II Axleback
Hurst Shifter
R1Concepts Slotted Rotors
Hawk Ceramic Brakepads

I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.