View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 08:42 AM   #18
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Abygale,

When you try the wheel cleaner, make sure and use one of the better brands, ie'; Mothers or Meguires. Also, don't use any brushes on the wheels. If you allow the cleaner to sit and soak for a few minutes, it should remove any dirt, etc. that simple washing did not.

As for the Zaino, it sounds like the temps. in your area are pretty low, and as a consequence, the polish will take alot longer to dry. If you can just get the wheels clean, and are planning on garaging the car for the winter, theres no harm in waiting until Spring to add polish. Another option s to purchase a wheel polish, ie; Mothers, and use that for the time being. Come Spring, you can alwyas remove the polish, and add Zaino.

Good luck. Please let me know how you make out.

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
Thank you very much Moose. I finally was able to wash my girl tonight (after a long week of rain) but the wheels definitely need more attention. I'll get some of that wheel cleaner tomorrow and let you know how it turns out.

I want to get a few coats of Z2 on her before I store her away for the winter but I noticed the Z6 acts differently already- it needed a little rubbing to remove which is unusual. I think it is because of the colder temps (low 40s) so I need to double check the temps for applying Z2 and Z5....I hope its not too late already :(
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote