View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #24
camarorad
Out of my way

Drives: RY 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The law requires people to enforce it with their lawyers if it is broken. That is true of almost every law. Tuners are testing the limits of the law. Expect dealers to push back a little. I'm just letting you know of your rights. If these rights are violated, you have a right to sue.

I think its the degree of how easily or difficult it is to enforce. Its all well and good to go quoting M-M to the dealer claiming your legitamacy, but the bottom line is if they say no then that's it. Sure you can go to court, but they will no doubt have a whole army of lawyers ready to come at it from every angle, some which you may not even have thought of. Most of us don't have the time or money to go through with this. The corporates do.

I don't agree that every law requires litigation to enforce. If the party believes it is likely result in a net loss, they will avoid litigation. The net loss doesn't necessarily refer only to that specific case, but the precendent that case sets for future cases. If they think they can win or at least outlast their opponent, they will go to court. Chances are they have much deeper pockets than the consumer.