View Single Post
Old 04-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
nfamous209

Drives: 2002 Camaro z28
Send a message via AIM to nfamous209 Send a message via Yahoo to nfamous209
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09CobaltSS/Turbo View Post
The 2jz isn't a direct injected engine. Most of the high HP 2jz's you see are also NOT running stock internals ... So my point being with some time provided the fuel system for the 3.6 L isn't limiting it to 305 HP already we will see higher numbers with a tune and later on down the road if forged internals become available it will be a respected motor.. Plenty of guys who own 2jz's can vouche for the simple fact that the motor stock can't handle past 450 HP without blowing rings etc. DI injection requires a very high PSI and the injectors are usually the limiting factor of how much HP you can gain with the stock Fuel system . Running WOT on a 2.0 produces in the range of 2200 PSI to achieve the pressure levels it requires at that high of RPM ...

Adding 2 more cylinders just means you are going to need an even higher pressure fuel pump along with some other things but DI technology allows you to run a good amount of boost efficiently without requiring top of the line forged internals because the fuel is injected into the cylinder similiar to diesels . A lot of trq to be had from DI ...
I didnt say the 2JZ was DI, did I? no i didnot. ur question was kind of empty to begin with. u should have stated stock internals or forged internals etc. hell forged internals it better damn well handle n e thing u throw at it. and stock internal 2JZ is capable of the 450-500whp fairly easily. but then again there are variations of the 2JZ which have stronger internals. 2JZ GTE (single turbo), 2JZ GTTE (twin turbo). turbo variations are the one that i was refering to to be able to handle the 450+whp. the standard 2JZ has fairly weak internals imo, it is capable of 450whp, but i dont like the reliability factor. I'd be more confident in a 450whp 2JZGTE, seeing as in how internals are better from the factory.

ur statement just accounts for fuel, u need to take in account how strong the block and internals are. lots of factors in trying to achieve high hp. not just fuel.

I know my shit. I do lots of research on the competition.
nfamous209 is offline   Reply With Quote