View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #143
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
I'm hearing rumours here in Oshawa that pricing for the LS could start around $28,000 CAN ... 1LT $29,995 ... 2LT $32,500 ... 1SS $38,000 & 2SS around $42 - 43,000 CAN.

It would be in GM's best interest to keep the LS pricing low and make the base SS under $40 to attract new buyers away from the Mustang and Challenger.

Also heard that the LS front bumper will be the same as the LT's with the only difference being that the fog lights will have Black Caps in place of the lights ( can be removed later if you want to add factory fog lamps instead ) ... convertible will be slightly delayed, the Dale JR might not see production and there at one time was a prototype Z28, but was scrapped by GM in favour of the SS nameplate. In other words, remove the SS badging and put the Z28 nameplates on instead and there you go! Someone please tell me why GM is so gung ho on using the "SS" name on their vehicles? Are they saying that a Cobalt, HHR and Impala with the SS badge are equal to the Camaro SS???? are they NUTS ! Sorry, but in my opinion, the Camaro should've had the Z28 nameplate instead. The SS nameplate means nothing to me because Chevrolet has deminished its glory by applying it to almost all of it's lines. Lets not forget the Malibu SS or Silverado SS from past years as well. Fine keep the SS on those cars as their performance models, but like what the ZR1 is to the Corvette ... Z28 should've been to the Camaro as well !

Can't wait till the 16th to find out whether I'm ordering a 1SS/RS or a 2LT/RS. All depends on price $$$.
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote