View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #648
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
Yeah, I'm not sure about the hood either but I'm reserving judgement till I see one in person. I would really like to be able to get rally stripes but I'm not gonna let the hood wrap keep me from a 1LE.
Me either. Considering all the other upgrades and great parts a black hood is too nit picky not to get the car. Hoods can be painted cheap. Transmissions, gearing, and suspension components take a lot of effort, work, and $$$$

Quote:
Who cares what the boss has if it can't win.
In a way you have a point, but that depends on what you plan to do with the car. Forged internals hold up better to abuse and mods and provide a better base.

I actually compared stuff like this when looking at the LS3 and coyote motor and decided LS3 because of what appeared to be stronger internals.

LS3.
Iron crank (This can take a lot of extra hp). You need to get a Boss for a forged crank on the coyote.

Sintered Rods (I actually believe the BOSS 302 rods are sintered rods instead of a true forging the regular GT coyote being weaker)

Sodium Filled Valves (Again not on the coyote, but you have to get the Boss for that)

The coyote motor was already bored and stroked to the max with nothing much more that could be done. The LS3 was not.

And time will tell, but it appears the TR6060 is a stronger transmission.

I like the transmission and suspension upgrades, but 7-8K for those is a lot of coin.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote