View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #5
numbnutz00

Drives: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant32894 View Post
If you know someone who is a mechanic and could possibly rebuild the engine for dirt cheap, yeah go for it.

If not, no. Mileage is high, tranny might be slipping or going, and engine burns oil. you can find another one for 3000. Mine was 3000, take a look at it (in my albums on my page)
why would the engine need to be rebuilt? the car has been taken care of properly never raced no mods besides exhaust(if thats even considered a mod)oil change every 3k miles the tranny doesnt slip. as far as the oil thing i just read newer 5th gen burning a quart of oil between oil change is this accurate? if so,id say for 15 y/o car not bad shape. question is am i getting a good deal? BTW nice ride man how many miles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulehead7 View Post
Welcome to the forum. I would say it might be worth a look. It isn't the last one ever to be had so I would be a bit on the picky side. Car is 15 years old and lots of things are ready to break. It the body and interior are in great shape then I would check the mechanical. Burning oil isn't a good thing. Hold out and find a V8 4th gen if you can afford the insurance.
thanks for the warm welcome. im seiously concidering buying this thing i need a car by the end of the week and this one seems like the better ones ive looked at.

as far as the condition..

i was told the car is a tank, reliable and hasnt had any problem besides regular maintenance and something to do with an ignition problem which was resolved. so far they seem like pretty honest people.

the interior doesnt have any rips, stains, or burn marks. both owners were non smokers. the t-top doesnt leak.

although not garage kept the exterior also seems like its in pretty good shape for a 15 y/o car. washed and waxed once a week so they claim

cons:
1) the back bumper has a pretty decent scratch
2) tiny rust spot below driver side door near the back tire( not noticeable)
3) front bumper has a little spider cracking but u cant tell unless youre up close

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
My 94 had 30K miles more than that when I sold it half a year ago and it burned a little oil, but I never had a problem because of it.

The whole teenager/ girl driver should not be an issue. I'm 17 and I can honestly tell you I treat my car a hell of a lot better than most adults I know. However, not every teenager is quite as good to their car as me. I'd say take a look and hope for the best. Sounds like a good deal, I'd be optimistic if I were you.
thank you sir, youve given me much needed hope lol how much did you sell your 94 for? also with this many miles what should i be looking for or put money aside for? cost, maintence, repairs ect..

Ps- thanks to all for your help so far, anybody else?
numbnutz00 is offline   Reply With Quote