View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #4
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
26:This is for M6 cars only we have our receiver for the remotes in the dash and you need to disconnect it, its to the right and behind the instrument gauges, its on the bottom of the top of the dash and is 2'x5" long.

27: its time for some help to pull out the dash, you need to work it around the ignition switch and pull the two sides at the same time don't let one side get in-front of the other, and take it out set it up on some towels,

28: Now that you have it on the towels you need to put it on its back and remove the 5-7mm bolts that hold the ac duct.

29: now its time to cut the dash for the HUD head unit and switch,
Quote:
Yeah, when I cut mine, I lined up Ofer's template, put marks where the cutout goes, then made a small box inside and went from there.
I often placed the HUD into place, to see which sides I needed to cut out more.
When I was almost there, I'd install the bezel and the HUD and see how things looked, making sure it was parallel, and about 1/4" away from the ledge on the dash.
If it was a little too small, it'd bend the bezel a bit, so I'd know where to cut some more off.
Patience pays off

Insert the HUD trim and start setting buy pushing in the 5 clips in the dash to hold the HUD in place then use the screws to hold them in, now put back the ac duct.

30: Now the last part's run your new HUD wiring harness behind the dash now is the time to do so, all you do is connect it to the 4 pack connector and run it with the wires coming from the main wiring off the dash, ONE more time do not forget the sting on that connecter that comes from the defroster vent, its time to stat putting it all back, try to do it in the opposite order you removed it.

Last edited by 2SSRS@Gen5diy; 06-25-2011 at 08:19 AM.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote