View Single Post
Old 11-08-2009, 08:31 PM   #49
Temper

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Yeah right. Lets put this in perspective. GM, in 1980's, could BUY AND SELL the GDP of every country in the world except the G20 members. Today, they LOOSE MONEY ON EVERY CAR THEY SELL. They are weak and government subsidised.

This idea of screwing your base, your customer, is a flawed idea. I can afford this car, at 27, because I have devoted my life to making a good work product. I make things for customers and I stand by my work. I make it work even if it means that I don't make money on that job. Even if I loose money. I have very little in this life, my WORD is by far the most valuable. I have been ripped off many times too. No one person ever got me twice. For the honor of serving the whole world with a product I would gladly let everyone screw me once. Most people are honorable and try to keep their things nice. Most people care. That's business. This new age economic style management crap is for the birds and it has destroyed this nation. This down sizing micro managing good enough attitude leads to a bunch of Walmart crap that no one made any money off of and no one cares about. Most imporantly none of it works or lasts more than 6 months.

If GM would have never tried to compete with a far inferior product and kept all the old timers (poke poke) that swore they would never buy anything but American they wouldn't be in this mess. You can't screw your customer and expect a resell. There are also only SO MANY FIRST TIME BUYERS. PERIOD. Only a sucker would fall into a race to the bottom and GM was that sucker!

If you can't honor your word then don't give it. If you cannot sell a 400hp muscle car with a warranty then don't do it. Don't sell someone a car that by EVERY DEFINITION is made to GO FAST AND HARD, then tell people you went TOO FAST TOO HARD. That is bullshit. Now watch that bottom line - FALL!

So this is my first GM car. I bought it because it had 400hp. I bought it because it is a CAMARO known WORLD WIDE as one of the fastest production cars in the world, especially for the money. I expect a well rounded working car that is stable and a pleasure to drive. I expect all contracts to be honored fairly and equitable. If they sell a stock model in 2 years with 700hp and a supercharger then I expect I can put the same stock parts and make that mod. If I am failed in this manner then this is the first and last GM car I buy. Someone will get it right and that is the company I will buy from time and time again - for a life time.

In fact, EACH GM warranty should include 2 engines and 2 trannies with NO QUESTIONS ASKED. GM would do much better to look at making money off people rather than A CAR. In my lifetime, at the rate I have currently bought cars, I will spend an additional $364,800 on vehicles by the time I am 65. Better to loose $17,000 on 1 transmission than $348,000 on that same tranny.

To be clear, I will NEVER buy another Dodge, Chrysler, or Jeep vehicle again because of this. 2 weeks after I bought a 2008 Dodge Avenger they came out with an unlimited lifetime warranty. I was excluded. Their reason? That was a program to attract new buyers, I had already bought the car so they didn't need to worry about the fact that they made me feel like I got ripped off. Then after owning the car for 2 years, the window glass started scratching every time it went up and down because of the defective window trim. They claimed "Environmental Conditions" and I traded the car in. I now Claim they make crap. I will forever discourage people from buying a Dodge. They are now never going to sell me another car. I have had 4 jeeps and 1 car from them and have spent at least $65,000 on their cars. They have lost out on the $364,800! I buy a new car every 1-3 years. I know it is a "waste" of money. Don't care. I like new cars. I never lease ALWAYS BUY.

Ya know what I mean? We're the damn customer. Their whole reason for existence, and somehow your acting like we need to bend to their rules? You have all the power in the world with your ability to choose, and your giving it up for? What? You act like we HAVE to buy GM.

Temper is offline   Reply With Quote