View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 12:38 PM   #20
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincushin3819 View Post
I'm having the same problem with my HPS kit, I payed for an upgraded 80mm turbo for my 418 from Chris & come to find out I might have a 72mm or even a 67mm on there. Either way the turbo is to small even if you could put a bigger down pipe on there which is already about to touch the oil cooler as it is now that would be just half the problem. PCM has my car now & have been awesome to deal with, we are trying to figure out the best way to solve this problem. I have been talking to a local fab guy that works with PCM for turbo builds & we have come up with a few good ideas on how to fix this. Our goal is to find a location that is big enough for at least a 76mm turbo with no less than a 4 inch down pipe ether by moving the turbo like some have mentioned to another spot like behind the head light or even making a front bumper support & moving the intercooler & radiator out a few inches for a bigger turbo.
So that's it? Larger turbo redoing the kit larger pipes. Great I've spent over 20 grand trying to get this car running and now folks are having these issues...

Wtf

From my Note
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote