View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #54

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
With Dodge saying they're working on a direct competitor to the Z/28 it doesn't make sense for the manufacturers to be making cars like these unless they're also planning on competing in either a current series or a new/revival manufacturer's series. And I simply cannot believe Ford isn't planning on coming to this party; they're not going to let Chevy and Dodge get all the glory and press coverage.

A new Big 3 manufacturer's series that requires street-legal production cars would be a huge win for everybody. Lots of fantastic press coverage, great for cars, tires, sponsors, drivers, and personally I think it would/could be more popular than NASCAR simply because fans could buy and drive on the street the cars they're watching on the track. A series like this would definitely sell street cars.
Hope you're right....that would be a great scenario....but just thinking, I would have thought that sort of thing would have happenened already with the ZL1, 1LE, Boss 302, etc....If the Z/28 is what it takes to get things over the hump, that would be awesome....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote