View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #10
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
What I like from the 2SS: is the head up display
If you're going to track this car, make sure that you can turn the HUD off.

For your own sake as well as for those around you at occasionally triple-digit speeds you do not need this distraction. If it's there and on, you will spend time looking at it that should be spent glancing at important gauges (oil, temp) and concentrating on traffic around you and on what you need to be doing next. Personally, I don't want that kind of insistent distraction at any time, but I'm much more about function and going light on the non-performance/convenience features and gadgets anyway.

There is a CG Lock device and some sort of drop-in padding with bigger bolsters (forget the name) to keep you better located in your seat and reduce your tendency to use the steering wheel as a grab handle first and for vehicle control second. There may be other solutions acceptable to the track day organizers that would not require seat replacement.

I hear you about the Konis, and have heard where Ford maybe didn't get the flat-ride part of their suspension tuning quite right on some of the versions built after my '08 (this is mostly what your springs fixed). I doubt the 1LE will suffer from the same ride quality issues.

There are more things to work with on the Camaro given its IRS, and you'll see a few new supplier names. It's my opinion generally to leave the car stock long enough to get your own ideas about what it is about your car's behavior that you need or want changed, and that you can't know these things until you pay attention while driving it for a while. If nothing else, you'll be better able to discuss your planned mods and more likely to be satisfied by what you do choose to do.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote