View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 05:00 AM   #57
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
What kind of house can you get for 100k in south jersey. I can't buy a lot around here for that...

Honestly, if your 60 get the car you want now. Not being a dick, but you don't know how much longer you'll be wanting to get in and out of a low car. My dad's 60, has always been healthy, but is now getting arthritis in his knees.
No it's cool. That is good advice. You are zeroing in on the secret to a happy life IMHO. Live in the moment. Just to amend that maxim a bit. Don't completely ignore the future.

To keep in shape I run 10 to 30 miles a week (weather limiting), hit the gym weight lifting, and love those hour spin classes. Every year it gets harder to stay where you are, but never give up. Getting in and out of a low car is no problem so far. But to your point I ruined my back in a motorcycle accident (my stupidity) and its all a matter of time according to the doctor.

You can buy a pretty nice house in South Jersey for $100K. Many politicians are on the take, taxes are high, the school systems stink, and many are out of work. It is very sad, but there are a number of abandoned houses and repo sales. And even some house squatting. When Wall Street sucked all the inflated equity out of our houses and put it in their pocket, they torched South Jersey. North Jersey, where those blood suckers live is a different story.

Last edited by Fraxum; 01-26-2014 at 05:17 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote