Thread: Z-28 basis
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 09:21 AM   #15
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Z28 View Post
There has never been a Corvette with a unibody. The current 6th gen Corvette does not have a unibody frame. It has a body mounted on a hyroformed frame. One happens to be made of steel and the other (Z06 & ZR1) is made of aluminum. The engine cradle is made of magneisum.

PS You are are not going to see a bunch of carbon fiber pieces on the Z28 or any other Camaro. GM is going to build the car out of the same materials that the current SS is made of and it is going to be heavier than the already overweight SS. GM is going about their biz the same as they always have. A million people have asked them to add a "track pack" to the option list like the Mustang and they have ignored it. The price tag is going to be in the Corvette Coup neighborhood too. Smart people will go a head and buy the Corvette.
Is it fair to claim GM isn't listening after only ONE YEAR of production? While I agree seeing carbon fiber and some other exotic materials is highly unlikely, I can definately see the possibility of using more aluminum in the chassis, like control arms or subframes. They've used them before on older passenger cars, so I don't doubt they couldn't make it for Z28 to help offset some weight. GM's also going to (if they haven't already and I've missed it) release GMPP suspension bits by one of our Community Sponsors that is going to be great for increasing the handling of CAMARO, so I don't feel it's free to claim they aren't listening.

Also, it's my opinion your suggestion that Z28 owners are not smart for not buying 'Vette is plain . For some people, a 'Vette won't either fit their lifestyle or they just plain LOVE CAMARO. Apparently, you don't fall into the later

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Why do so many think that's all the Z28 is going to be?
It's easier to hate

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote