View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
sgm10gt

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T
Well, appreciate the kind comments. I like reading posts of people comparing the different makes of cars. Obviously people dont want to think their car can be blown away by another, and thus they defend them.

I've seen some of the ford trash talking here, it doesnt bother me. To each their own. Ive seen the camaro, it's a good looking car, but I prefer the mustang over it, as i do over the challenger. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes. Ive seen reviews that show the camaro over the mustang, ive seen reviews that show the mustang over the camaro. I'd like to think that a mustang could hold its own vs. a camaro, and I think it does, some may differ there. I guess it's all in everyones individual experiences.

I personally dont really race. Ive been to the track a couple times in another car...raced it about 3 times down the strip just to see what I could do and that was fine for me. I may take the stang there also to see what I can do...but other than that, i just drive the car normally...maybe the "punch it" every now and then just to feel the power

However, for those that DO race, The next year or two will prove to be some really competitive years. Once GM and ford release some hard numbers for their upcoming cars, these forums will be abuzz with all kinds of talk, and those will make for some interesting, hopefully civil, discussions.

So, with that said, what do you guys/gals really think will happen with the camaro? I myself would expect suspension tweaks to start with. After reading some threads here, some people have suggested that the V6 version still has some room to improve. With the 2011 mustang V6 coming out with 300+ hp, I would imagine that chevy will let some of that improvement out. I dont, however, see a supercharged version coming out anytime soon, but then, I could be wrong (has happened before ).

As far as the mustang goes, I dont see ford replacing the live axle anytime soon. However, I have heard that the solid rear axle is actually an advantage on the track...any truth to that? The 5.0 seems to be a sure thing in the mustang so that will be something for the ford people to look forward to.

Curious though, does the camaro come with a CAI like the ford? Also, im sure the camaro comes with dual exhaust...what about headers? Maybe that's something GM could possibly look into for the 2011 year...factory long tube headers to come stock on the SS models? If it doesnt come with CAI, that's another thing they could do, along with a performance tune straight from the factory? Dunno, just thinkin here.

Your thoughts?
sgm10gt is offline   Reply With Quote