View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #7
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
One of the best mods you will do.... love mine. The gear swap takes no time... Chevy done a bang up job machining this.

Sent from my Apple sued Galaxy Note 2
Thanks - I've read your thread on your gear swap and it helped to inspire me to do this mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Camaro View Post
How long did it take you to pull your diff?
Not sure. The diff you see is from a friend who kept his stock diff after he did a complete diff change. I'm going to use his diff for the gear swap, put it in my car and then give him back my stock diff to make him whole. He said it took him four hours by himself to remove and replace the diff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
Here are some GM specs from my swap and a few other tips that might help. Good Luck

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...3.91+gear+swap
Thanks - I have read your thread too! The torque specs will be helpful. I'm not as ambitious as you. I'm just going to remove and replace the diff and let a GM master mechanic do the actual gear swap inside the diff. Everything else is staying stock including the bushings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
She must have thought u owned a ricer!
If I was quick of mind and tongue I should have replied - "Yes, honey its an engine and its all that's left of that ricer Honda the Camaro gobbled up on the way home!"

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote