View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 07:19 AM   #55
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlChev View Post
Hidden mark ups? Why is the dealer the bad guy? I didn't know that there was anything wrong with trying to make money.

I guess all the people that sold Wii's and Xbox360's on ebay are the devil too? If you are going to be mad at anyone, be mad at the people who can afford to pay a premium for a premium vehicle.
Look, there's nothing at all wrong with trying to make money. I wouldn't be mad at anyone for paying extra for a vehicle, either. I'd just feel sorry for them for their lack of common sense and business savvy. I just would rather not have to "wheel and deal" with someone who thinks that they should tack on an extra 5000 bucks for something that's already going to make them a profit. What value are you adding for that 5,000? The car will still depriciate (sp?) when I pull it off your lot and your inflated value won't apply to the blue book value on said car as it accrues mileage, etc. The same thing goes with dealer add-ons like pin-striping and undercoating/paint coating. I've never had a good experience with either undercoating or paint coating and I keep my cars immaculate (just like my Grandpa who worked in paint/body on the Corvette line back in the 60's and 70's taught me). So for me, your 5grand is like a "stupid tax" that you can't apply any REAL value to. Therefore, you're just sticking it to people dumb enough or IMPATIENT enough to pay it. You were 1/2 right about me. I didn't think that people marking up the Wii and 360 on eBay were evil, I just thought the people paying more than store prices for them were out of their minds. I waited 2 years to get my 360 and a year to buy my Wii, hence I didn't pay over store value for either.

I guess to cut it to the chase, if the salesperson in question or the finance manager or the whoever at the dealer wants to be an asshat, I just won't do business with them. Tacking an extra 5 g's onto a car that already is making you a profit to me means you're not too interested in making customers for life. Soo... that leads us back to my first statement: "Meh, I'll order mine through GMS."
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint