Old 11-04-2013, 08:33 AM   #14
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodsally View Post
Different Stuff to do while you're here:

- Take a tour of LV Blvd on the Deuce Double Decker buses and ride "upstairs."
- Tour the conservatory at the Bellagio. the décor changes with the seasons. Don't forget to check out the Chihuly art glass sculpture above the Bellagio registration Desk.
- Bellagio also has a fine art gallery which has admission.
- The Fountains at the Bellagio; These are best viewed from one of the 2 -3 fine restaurants in the Hotel that have terraces over looking "Lake Cuomo". I personally don't care to contend with all the foot traffic on the street side of the Lake.
- At the Venetian, take a gondola ride inside or outside while the gondoliers serenade you with Italian Opera.
- At the MGM Grand, see the Lion Display
- At Mandalay bay see the Shark Reef
- At the Mirage, see the erupting Volcano, outdoors at night. I think there is still a dolphin habitat at the Mirage.
- Tour the Ferrari Store (last time I was there they charged a $10.00 admission) at either the Wynn or Wynn Encore, I don't remember which.
- Off strip on Flamingo Ave tour the Atomic Museum.
- In Henderson, tour the Ethel M Candy factory and Cactus Garden
- In suburbia, about 6 miles west of the Strip, tour "The Springs Preserve"

At night, take a taxi downtown to Fremont Street for Fremont Street Experience. Every hour, the outdoor lights are dimmed are there is a 10-15 minute light and sound show under the canopy, and if you're feeling adventurous, I think there is a zip-line ride you can do at the east end of Fremont Street.

When Downtown, pop into the Golden Nugget and see the worlds largest Golden Nugget on Display.

I think there is a respectable Car Collection on display at the Quad (formerly Imperial Palace) and it may be free.

You may also get some ideas from http://www.cheapovegas.com/

The inside is close for a few next few months.

Great list btw.