Thread: B&M shifter?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 11:09 PM   #6
xSSkier874

Drives: 17 Silverado, 99 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRooper View Post
Not true. B&M may offer a Camaro Shifter. Although, B&M does own Hurst, there are still competing products within the lines. The two companies have different philosophies when it comes to parts, so it's not like they are taking customers from each other. They each have two different customer bases. While Hurst's Billet Plus and Competition Plus lines have that "In your face approach" with both bold styling and an aggressive shifter feel. B&M, usually goes after a different customer in regards to their Prescision Sport Shifters. B&M's shifter throw usually isn't as aggressive as Hurst's is. If B&M does offer a shifter, it will more than likely have less throw than the Hurst, be easier to engage, and appear stock when installed. Since owners follow different paths when modifying their rides, it's nice to know that choices are out there for everyone.
well said... ive driven cars with both hurst and B&M shifters and i prefer the B&M. I know in the cobalts the B&M included aluminum bushing and beefier parts to help give a more precise feel while the hurst was just the shifter.

unfortunately i wont make that cruise as i have plans and hope to have my car in for repairs by then...
xSSkier874 is offline   Reply With Quote