View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #14
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
There is a lounge already for people to BS with each other and hang out already. It's called the PWA lounge. It's very active. So active in fact that I had to close the last one at 150,000 posts and start a 4th one.

I get it. It's nice to have a place to bs with your buddies, and if you happen to go off topic, there is nothing wrong with that. But there is a place for it. Having a single thread for everything is a double edged sword.

Someone comes into the help desk and asks a question which is answered promptly and accurately, and then shuffled into oblivion. The next guy comes in an asks the same question. Say you answer with the same helping tone and not belittle him/her for not searching. They have the answer and then go on their merry way. What about the lurkers who prefer anonymity to signing up and posting info, but just want to search for the info, yet are too lazy to hit the "show posts" button on the search. How would these people be able to seek help?

This is a genuine question. I am not saying no, but I'd like to make sure you're not being discriminatory towards some members.

EDIT: What about the detailer's lounge and other groups that want to be able to chat with each other?